Thursday, October 18, 2012

America's Next Top Model To Add Men To The Mix

The title really says it all. After numerous attempts to spice up her almost ten year old reality modeling competition, she has arrived at one conclusion: The show needs men! I, for one, and all for this movement. Bring on the boys! Gimme some beefcake!


There are a lot of changes in store for ANTM. Men have never been contestants on the show before (although many male models have guest starred in episodes to assist with judging, photos, and eye candy), meaning that the show could go in one of two ways: either the producers go for the more masculine and rugged men you might see in GQ, or they could go for the more petite and feminine looking models who you would be more apt to see at Fashion Week. Either way, this season is going to be different.

My theory is that the show will be more of a boys VS girls competition, at least for the beginning stages, much like the British Invasion season earlier this year. It's been a while since I've really followed a cycle of ANTM closely, but this gimmick may just be what I need to get me back into the show. I have a soft spot for hot almost naked men. Maybe I'm getting a bit ahead of myself. The cast hasn't even been revealed yet.

Another big change for the show is singling things down to one season per year. Previously, the show aired twice a year, having a spring cycle and a fall cycle, meaning that you got a whole lotta model TV time. Starting in 2013, we will only be getting one season, set tentatively for the Summer season.

This being said, I think it's safe to say that I will be covering this show once it starts. I am starting to work more with reality TV, getting a big push from Ru Paul's Drag Race in the past. This fall/winter I will be covering both seasons of Drag Race (All Stars in fall and Season Five in Winter) as well as Real Housewives of Beverly Hills.

All this news about testosterone infiltrating the show probably has little to nothing to do with this video, where she talks about wanting kids before her eggs get "parboiled". Yeah. She's still crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment