Monday, May 7, 2012

Song of the Week - Video Killed The Radio Star

No, guys. I'm not stupid. I know this song is from way back. As a matter of fact, I am aware that it was the very first music video on MTV. Ever. But this version is different. I've already talked about how much I love this track, but it's now available on iTunes, which means it's eligible for Song of the Week.


I know what you are thinking. It is a cover, but it is a single, and they are Young London, one of my favorite groups ever. Passing Colette Carr for most times chosen for Song of the Week, Young London never cease to amaze me. This cover will not disappoint anyone, whether you are a fan of the original, or just hearing it for the first time. Pop duo Young London breathes new life into a well known and beloved song.

The song, a classic as far as I'm concerned, is about a budding starlet who's career is cut short by music videos. Ironic, given it's legacy. Matt and Sarah do this song great justice, adding in their own electro-pop style, proving that the 80's songs can hold up compared to today's music. The lyrics remain the same, but the vocals differ greatly, having a lot of extra notes and electronic stutters.

Regardless of it's status of being a cover, the track is still a single. You can buy it on iTunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment