Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Drag U Season 3 Cast and Promos Revealed!

Drag U is the first of (now) two spin offs from Ru Paul's Drag Race, and stars the contestants from all seasons of the show to give biological women the confidence of drag queens. In each episode, three queens serve as mentors to three ladies, and each episode has it's own winner. It may not be the most exciting thing ever, but it is awesome seeing all of my favorites back on TV again.


It's that time again. For the past two years, I have been watching Drag U in the summers to keep me held over until Drag Race brings in new queens. Thankfully, we now have Drag Race All Stars to keep us even more emerged in the world of Drag. This means we only have to go a few months without her beloved Ru Paul.

The cast for this semester at Drag U has been announced, and I have to say that it is a bit... shocking to say the least. Of course, from the Drag Race Reunion, we know that Latrice is going to be on the list, but take a look at who else is making an appearance. The professor's list includes: JuJuBee, Manila Luzon, Raja, Raven, Shannel, Alexis Mateo, Mariah, Chad Michaels, Willam, Morgan McMichaels, Pandora Boxx, Delta Work, and Sharon Needles.

Yes. Willam. Surprising, no? I mean I always loved her, but she was constantly criticized for her make up, beard, and reliance on designer materials. I guess her hilarious one liners got her in, and being that she was one of the break out stars of season four, I guess I shouldn't be too surprised. It will be exciting to see Willam again.

Also added to the roster this year are Raja and Delta, leading me to hope for a Heathers themed episode, given that Manila is back for another season. Alexis is on the list, too, which isn't too much of a shock, but still a bit odd that they waited so long to add a top three contestant to the list.

It really does look like this season will be amazing... as long as they put Willam and Pandora Boxx in a lot of episodes. Given that Willam is in the promo for the new season (below), I'd say that she is one of the main focuses.

Drag U is back people. Are you ready?



1 comment:

  1. i was criticized ONCE by ONE judge about a 5 o'clock shadow which was a simple over highlight. 'twas not constant. And they enjoyed my labels. Revisionist history is better enjoyed as historical fiction IMHO

    ReplyDelete