Sunday, May 6, 2012

Drag Race 4 Cast Off Roundup Finale

It's over, people. It's finally over. Don't get me wrong, I love Drag Race, but this year was so intense. It will be nice to have a break for a while before Drag U. Now we have the final four. I'm sure you've all been waiting for me to eat my words on these last few queens. This post compares my initial thoughts on the girls from the promos and interviews. You can check out parts one, two, and three also.

First up: Miss Latrice Royal!


"Latrice Royale is another one of the big queens for this season. She isn't as polished as the rest of them. Her voice was way too deep for her look. I'm not talking cute Raja deep. I'm talking awkward Tyra deep. Bad deep. Her hair wasn't there. Her makeup was shoddy. I just wasn't feeling this one at all. Oh well. I can't be nice all the time, right?"

I have never been more wrong. She did look a bit busted in the promo, but she turned it out time and time again on the show. Both her personality and her style have shown through time and time again, and I think she rightfully won the title of Miss Congeniality. If I have one regret about my conduct over this season of Drag Race, it is judging Latrice too quickly. 
And for the top three - Phi Phi

"Phi Phi O'Hara left a bad taste in my mouth. She spent a lot of her interview talking about how she is a role model, and I wasn't buying it. She really did have a great look, and she is really good about bragging about herself (almost as good as I am), so I guess the first bit could be overlooked."

There is no denying that Phi Phi is the biggest villain to ever be on Drag Race. She was manipulative, spiteful, and crafty. But that wasn't really a bad thing in my opinion. She may be hated by 99% of the fandom, but consider me one of that 1% because honestly, I would have done almost everything she did. Hate me if you want.
And now for Chad.


"Chad Micheals. Oh, Chad. I thought I had my opinion of you down pat before. Chad is already a big name in the drag community, most well known for his Cher impersonations (which he does VERY well, I might add) and I was shocked to see him in this competition. Much like the already rather famous Raja, I questioned why they chose her... and then I saw the interview. She is very, very nice and well put together. She may be the oldest of them all, but she is still stunning and has got the poise and grace that I feel so many of these girls lack."

My opinion on Chad hasn't changed a bit. She handled herself very well, and always kept her poise and grace. She was often criticized for being "too perfect." I don't see how that is a flaw, really. This one has had 20 years of experience, and it shows. 
And the Winnah! Sharon Needles!


"Sharon Needles. Oh, dear god where do I begin? She looks like a hot mess, as if she were trying to do Lady Gaga, but got drunk half way through getting dressed, but she is totally hilarious. I'm talking Pandora Boxx level hilarious -- and Tammie Brown genius. She is weird and outlandish, and pulls it off in a way that will either have you shocked or rolling on the floor with laughter, and I'm sure she'd love either one. She is definitely the stand out queen for me this season. Let's see anybody else who can take camp to a whole new level like this bitch."

She really was the best of both worlds. Funny like Pandora, weird like Tammie. I wasn't a big fan of her personality over the course of the show, teetering back and forth between a huge ego and announcing that everyone at home hates her. Regardless of how I feel, though, she won by both fan vote and Ru approval, so she must have been doing something right. Cheers to you, Ms. Needles!

No comments:

Post a Comment