Sunday, May 20, 2012

Sahara Davenport and Manila Luzon Cover "Supermodel"

I love these two a lot. Sahara, who was one of the first people to jump on and help out here at Taking Over The Universe, and I really owe her so much. As far as Manila, I may not have interviewed her yet, but she still retweets and makes amazing music for me to talk about. These two have finally done a song together, which is what every fan of theirs has been asking of them since they started making music. They worked together to cover momma Ru Paul's classic hit "Supermodel."




Fun, no? What a great way to wrap up the week. I hope you enjoy. Goodnight everybody~

1 comment:

  1. I love that Sahara says "work the runway, Grandma" as Raja's picture comes up. Other than that, this song doesn't seem to be as finely produced (or autotuned lol) as their respective singles, but it was still funny. Manila and Sahara are probably the only two queens trying to appeal to the Dance/Club market like Rupaul has done (if their singles and Sahara charting on Billboard's Hot Dance Club Songs with "Go Off" is anything to go by). Frankly, I would love to see either Sahara or Manila cover this again/polish it up as a single. Mama Ru would be proud.

    ReplyDelete