Monday, May 21, 2012

Song of the Week - Only The Horses

Call me a hipster. Call me a poser. Call me what you like. The Scissor Sisters are probably the most famous band you don't know -- unless maybe you are British. The group has had some massive hits, but yet when I ask people who they are, they are clueless. Let's hope their newest single changes this. Check out "Only The Horses".


Being a little more mainstream and a lot less disco, this track really surprised me. I hadn't heard much from them in the past few years, so seeing them on the front page of iTunes was a shock to me. It wasn't so much that I didn't think they were good enough, but mostly given that they are far more popular overseas, much to my own dismay. Much like one of my other favorite bands (Black Kids), the US radio airwaves just don't seem to "get" this group.

 Being a heavy mix of piano and hard driven beats, it definitely is a unique track and a nice break from the what has been making it's way through my iPod lately. Jake's strange voice adds a nice touch to the song as well, leaving Ana with the backing vocals. My favorite part of the song, the bridge, comprises of a harmonic "Nayoo" type vocal, sounding like a train.

Interesting, unique, and game changing, this song is definitely worth checking out. These guys may be veterans by now, but they aren't going to let their fans down. You can get the song on iTunes.

By the way I'm in love with the cover. Amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment