Thursday, May 24, 2012

Music News: Kwanza Jones On Billboard Dance Charts!

The buzz this week has been all about Adam Lambert breaking ground with his very gay number one album, and I am really happy for him, but I think there is another special artist who deserves some recognition. Before you jump down my throat, loyal Glambert readers, I really recommend you check her out. Kwanza Jones definitely deserves some time in the spotlight.

 

Kwanza is a great friend, and an equally amazing artist, so I have to say that she deserves her spot on the charts. This week, all of her hard work promoting, touring, and tweeting (Hey, now, Tweeting is hard work!) has payed off. "Time To Go" has landed on the Billboard Dance Charts at number 47! I've done my best to support her over the past year or so, and I know that many others have her back with remixes, contest entries, and blog posts. It's been a long time coming, and I know we can push this track even higher on the charts.

And quickly, if I may, I'd like to leave a public, yet personal message directly to Ms. Jones:

I am so proud of you, Kwanza. I know you work hard, and I know you are genuinely sweet. I can't wait until we can speak again, work together again, and maybe even see you on tour! You know that crazy squeal of yours is what I live for. Seriously, I'mma need that as my text ringtone.

Check out the crazy video for "Time To Go" below. Keep spinning it, keep pushing it, and tell all your friends to buy it, because I'm sure you already own a copy, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment