Monday, May 14, 2012

Song of the Week - Sing It

Please allow me to take a moment to breathe before you start hatin' on me.
Ok. I think I'm ready to do this.
Maybe.
Rebecca Black.


In my defense, it's been a slow few weeks for the music scene. In Rebecca's defense, the song actually isn't horrible. No really. The song is a vast improvement over her debut with "Friday" both lyrically and vocally. Seriously guys. Stop shaking your head at me while you read this. I know, I know. The name Rebecca Black shall forever be shadowed by her rough start, but maybe she can turn things around.

Honestly, I hated "Friday". It was bad. I'm sure she knows it was bad, but it did it's job at getting her into the spotlight, and I think it was the driving force to prove herself. "Sing It" provides less rocky vocals and a more solid and believable sound. It may not be the best song out there, but I am giving her a nod for her immense growth over such a short period. To me, it sounds like she would fare better in the realm of country music, but that is just a personal opinion of mine.

Don't believe me? Hop on over to iTunes and preview her track. Maybe she will change your mind. I'll keep my eye on her for now, and see if she keeps on the right track.

1 comment:

  1. She sounds great, wow. Rebecca has really grown vocally from the dark days of "Friday". She really has the potential to be something big.

    ReplyDelete