Thursday, May 3, 2012

Happy (Late) Birthday, Pandor Boxx!

I'm about nine hours late (my time), but at least I didn't forget all together. I always feel lame wishing someone a happy birthday on Facebook, so I am going to abuse my status in the media to wish a very special lady a very happy belated birthday!


It's impolite to say how old a woman is, so I won't even dare, but I do have to say that she should feel very accomplished. She has been on several national television shows, released a single that charted next to Madonna, and has been a fan favorite since she first appeared on the scene. Always funny and always on point, she knows how to take criticism with a smile and a whole lot of poise.

Pandora has meant a lot to me since I first saw her on Ru Paul's Drag Race. Back then, I knew very little about drag queens, and she truly opened my eyes in a lot of ways. I can honestly say that I was coming back every week to see what she would do next, and if not for Raven, I would have stopped watching the show when she got the boot.

Not long after winning "Miss Congeniality" for season two, she went on to be on the spin off show, Ru Paul's Drag U, helping women bring out their inner queens. And you know what? She got the fan favorite for both seasons of that show, too! She may have some competition next year, as Latrice Royale has quite the fanbase now.

So why the reason for the big production? The only reason I can offer you is because I care. Pandora is such a sweet person. She allowed me to interview her about her debut single, "Cooter", back before I was even half as internet famous as I am now. She is constantly tweeting and retweeting me. She truly is a great human being. So let us celebrate her birth. She's kind of like Jesus. If he were a drag queen. And gay. And funny.






No comments:

Post a Comment