Monday, May 28, 2012

Song of the Week - Timebomb

When it comes to pop divas, I never know what to expect. Most of the time I just assume what they have coming out will be abysmal and prepare myself to sweep it under the rug. Most of the time, I end up eating my words. Britney has done it (like fifty times), Christina has done it, and most recently Madonna has done it. It's time for Kylie Minogue's comeback.


Maybe it was the horribly unflattering cover that made me want to discredit it instantly. Maybe it was the fact that she hasn't had a hit in the US in over ten years. Anyway, as usual, I end up eating my own words after giving the song the initial listen.That's not to say I'm not glad to see her back, releasing more amazing music, but I guess it just came as a bit of a surprise.

The vocals are light and airy, and the beat is pure dance. This track is a no brainer hit, and is already seeing decent success in the UK. The lyrics here are actually amusing to me, as she takes more of a male approach to sex than the traditional female take. She says that they are on a timebomb and running out of time, so they need to do it right now. Not exactly the romance you'd expect.

We have another pop icon back on the scene. 2012 is turning out to be the year for the divas to showcase just what they are made of. We just need a solid Ke$ha release and that Cher/Gaga track and we may just have one of the best female pop explosions of the past decade. Speaking of which, anybody heard from Mandy Moore lately?

Buy the track on iTunes! Seriously. Do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment