Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Who Should Win Drag Race Season Four

This is the ultimate question. Who cares about the Presidential race? It's the Drag Race we all should be looking to. The sad part is, we, as free Americans, don't get to vote in this one. We have to trust that Mama Ru and her close-nit group of friends chooses the right queen. This has to be tough, but I'm sure they can do it. This week, we were denied the final episode and given a painful filler 'recap' episode instead. I am not going to review this episode because recapping a recap is stupid. They did give us the "Glamazon" music video though.



I was really, really against watching this video before seeing the episode, but I finally snapped and gave it a view. It was very... strange to say the least. Cameos were made by... everyone. Literally every judge makes their way through and gets crushed by one of the big Glamazons. Complete with Japanese words flying around and (yet again) much more polished footage of Ru looking fierce, the video is another one that was obviously not the highlight of the show.

I honestly have never been a big fan of the music video challenge. The first one was amazing, having them create their own verses for the song, but afterwards, it got a bit tired. Next year let's have the final challenge be inviting the most amazing blogger ever (me) and let him interview them all and take fabulous pictures with them. Delusions aside, it could have been better.

But the question remains: Who should win? Obviously I am Team Phi Phi, as I love both her style and bitchiness, but both Sharon and Chad are amazing performers as well. Sharon has the future or new wave feel. Chad has showgirl spirit of days gone. Phi Phi has the current club kid style and vibe. Each of them are experts in what they do and who they are, but in the end, it is up to Ru to decide who he wants to carry on his name and legacy.

If Phi Phi doesn't win, I won't be heartbroken. Unlike last year where I had a definite favorite, this year I have been a general fan of everybody. Call me a wuss if you must, but I'm taking the middle ground this time. What are your opinions? Who do you think should win? Why was the Glamazon video so bizarre? Comment, my children!

2 comments:

  1. Chad. She's so polished that she shines, she's witty rather than nasty, and embodies the actual elegance (eleganza?) of a queen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharon Needles; she is the FUTURE of Drag. Moving forward, bitches!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete