Sunday, April 1, 2012

Drag Race 4 Cast Off Roundup Part Three

It's that time again. Another three weeks have passed, and another three queens have gone. It's getting down to the wire, and the really good ones are starting to go home. Well, sort of. For those of you who are not familiar with this series, I have been going back and looking at my first impressions of the new crop of queens (Via this now old post) and comparing those to how they actually performed on the show. Feel free to check out parts one and two also.

First, let's talk about Jiggly Caliente.


"Jiggly Caliente is our next queen and the first of the big girls this season. Her name comes from Pokemon, and being a 90s kid, I was pleased to know I wasn't crazy in seeing the similar name to Jigglypuff. She may be big, but she is fierce and she knows it. She is very confident and has the presence of a superstar. She has the potential to win this, and that would be groundbreaking for the show, as no big girl has even made the top three yet."

Was I drunk when I wrote this? No, thinking back her promo was quite impressive, and she is friends with some Drag Race Royalty, but she just didn't seem to make an impression on the show. She gave us prom dress up every runway and did nothing but talk crap about everyone. I'm not ready to completely write her off just yet, but she's got a lot of ground to make up to be a top performer.

Next up, Willam.


"Willam is third... Or is that Shangela? I can't be the only one not getting that vibe from her. She totally gives me that vibe. That aside, this girl actually looks rather sickning. She apparently sings for a band (which I will be looking up later!) and has dubbed herself the bitch of the show. We all know how much I love bitches. This may be one of my favorites this season, but I'm always scared to pick my favorites in the show before it airs. Last year, the one I thought would go all the way went home in the first episode!"

Willam did not disappoint. Well, she kind of did by getting sent home for reasons unexplained in a horrid attempt for more views to the shows finale, but that's in the past. Willam was the shining star of this season, and I really think she was going to win. I love Willam. You go to hell if you don't love her. No seriously.

Neeeeeext!


"Dida Ritz looks like she may be the underdog. While she does look pretty great, she is way more sheepish than the others. She is the first, and one of the only actually, to admit she is nervous about the competition. The again, she may have just been one of the few to be honest about it. She looked quite good and left a great impression."

Wait a second. She admitted she was nervous about the competition. Isn't that why Ms. Beyond went home? Anyway, after being a hot mess for a few episodes, this one finally realized how serious Drag Race is and pulled herself together. I grew to love Dida a lot over the course of the show, but there is one thing that needs to be said. She needs to get some new wigs. Didn't Ru name drop a site or two where she can buy them?

Next week, a queen is being brought back from days past to compete again. Last year, the answer was obvious, at least to me, but this year seems like it could be anyone's game. I'm not sure if Willam is eligible, but she would be the obvious choice. The Princess, Dida, and Kenya would be very solid choices as well. We have less than 24 hours to go before that person is revealed. I'm not sure if I will be able to make it!

No comments:

Post a Comment