Saturday, April 28, 2012

Nicki Minaj Lands Starships Video

Oh, Nicki Minaj. How I love your random bursts of insanity. Half the time, she puts out rap stuff that I couldn't care less about. The other half of the time, she makes such horrible yet amazing pure pop music that I can't resist. That is basically "Starships" in a nutshell.




I think we can all agree that the song makes no sense at all. The lyrics seem to be picked out of a hat at random even more so than most of Dev's tracks. She goes from riding in her "hoopty-hoopty-hoop", to talking about not paying her rent, to flying starships. Yeah. I have no idea either. The video... well it's pretty much the same thing.

Let me start by saying this video is full of eye candy no matter what you like. You like beefy black dudes in loincloths? You got it. You like busty and curvy green haired women. You sure as hell got it. You like... Wait that is it? Oh, well I'm still satisfied. Nicki lands her spaceship on an island of barely clothed sexy ripped dudes and walks around. That is about all there is to the video.

I can't really explain why, but the song just kind of works. I dont know if I have just come to expect random insanity from her, or if the video really does have a purpose, but I like it nontheless. Actually, now that I think about it, it was probably the loincloths.

No comments:

Post a Comment