Monday, April 2, 2012

Song of the Week - Vava Voom

So yeah. The pickings for SOTW this week were pretty slim. Cmon people, lets get some music flowling out there! At least there was one good song released this time. Check out "Vava Voom" by Bassnectar and Lupe Fiasco.


It's rare that I choose a true techno track for a song of the week. Usually I would pass it up, but as in the past, I find it both amusing and necessary to change things up from time to time. If you don't like it, deal with it for a week and come back next week. Damn, I am rude to my readers. Sorry guys.

Love you.

Anyway, being that Bassnectar is the main artist, the vocals are quite downplayed and often times looped to the point of insanity. The beat is spot on, creating a very dancable and catchy dupstep track. The vocals, performed by Lupe Fiasco are awkward, as most of the time they are so altered to sound deeper and more electronic that I'm not even sure what the purpose is other than to give people words to mouth as they -- erm -- "drop it."

Buy the track on iTunes. Trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment