Friday, April 6, 2012

Rufus Wainwright Releases "Out Of The Game" Video

This has been a long time coming. I have been missing a crucial part of my musical life for some time now, and that part has been Rufus Wainwright. He sneakily released his new single "Out of the Game a few weeks ago (I almost missed it!) but the video was a bit more noticeable. Two seconds into this gem of a music video and you'll see why.




Yup. That is Helena Bonham Carter. Mad famous by every Tim Burton movie made in the last ten years (and Harry Potter!), she is now more or less a major movie star, and she has teamed up with Rufus to make one quirky music video. Come to think of it, everything she does is a bit... odd.

Anyway, Helena plays the role of a bored to death librarian in a setting that opens the floodgates for memories of watching Running With Scissors for the first time. The video has her walking around, being uptight, only to reveal at the end that she was not as tight laced as she appeared. I'm talking gay orgies people. Gay. Orgies. And you have to question why I love Rufus.

The song is amazing on it's own too, a true spectacle of what he is able to achieve musically, as it is mellow, while still having a feel that makes you sway and lyrics that call forth actual emotion. I know, I know. Emotions are hard to imagine after spamming meaningless "crunk in da club" tunes. Who'da thunk.

Buy the track on iTunes and support yet another one of my icons. Do it. DO IT NOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment