Friday, April 27, 2012

Jared Jones Remixes Drag Race Royalty

I've quickly become a fan of Jared Jones. He is becoming popular in the music community, and it's easy to see why. After doing a mix for Ru Paul's smash "Sexy Drag Queen", he has now set his sights on new targets. Jared is releasing not one, but two mixes with queens from the hit TV show Ru Paul's Drag Race, Willam, resident bad girl from season four, and Manila Luzon, the runner up from season three.


First up, he did a special remix of "Trouble", the club single from season four's Willam. I really like this version of the song (which is already available on iTunes!) because it not only extends the depressingly short track, but it also give the song an entire new raw and dancey feel. The clip below won't even do the full track justice, and you can get an even longer preview on iTunes. Give it a shot, and let me know what you think.




His other remix, which has a release date of "very soon" according to Manila, may be the best remix to come from Mr. Jones yet. I love the placement of the vocal notes, using actual bits she sang but rearranging them so that it sounds completely different. I love that it will be a "radio mix" as well, meaning that is a bit more mainstream and keeps the original flow of the song. I have been waiting months for this one, Ms. Luzon, so "very soon" needs to speed up a bit!




Jared Jones has certainly become the go-to mix artist in the gay realm of music. I guess doing exclusives with Ru Paul will do that for you. I hope that he can continue to work with the Drag Race ladies, as well as other up coming artists such as Jipsta (for whom he remixed "Lover Who Rocks You", and did a freaking fantastic job).

Who would you like to see Jared work with next? Any other fabulous mixes I missed? Comment below and let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment