Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Ru Paul's Drag Race - The Fabulous B*tch Ball

So for the second time we have a top four! Hopefully no other queens are going to butt in during the course of this episode. I really would like to see Phi Phi crowned winner already. Jeeze they just keep dragging it out! Hah! Anyway, it's the semi-finals and things are heated... or maybe just in heat.



I swear this intro segment gets longer and longer every week. I guess it's because it's getting down to the wire, but I wish they would just get to the meat of it all so I can figure out which one of these bitches is leaving so that Phi Phi can win.

They open up by bringing up that Chad has never lip synced on the show. I would LOVE to see this one go at it, but it hasn't seemed possible just yet.

The drag message is a lot of dog innuendos, which makes me glad I'm not on this show. I have a massive fear of dogs, and I don't know if I could handle a dog competition, but at least the mini challenge is about puppets. They pick a puppet that is like a contestant, they get to drag it up and have a comedy routine to with them.

This is one of my favorite mini challenges to date. The puppets not only looked great but they were funny too. Sharon did a great impression of Chad. The voice was spot on. She didn't do the bitch part well. Latrice's version of Sharon was boring... But still cute looking.

Chad made fun of Phi Phi's snaggle tooth... and her re-use of wigs... and yeah. It was more annoying than anything else. Sorry Chad. No picking on my fave. Phi Phi made her puppet fat, which was kind of amusing, and decided to make fun of her runway mishaps from the past. Phi Phi owned this one, but for some reason Chad won. He had the Phi Phi puppet, so I'mma count this as a win.


Dis is Phi Phi.
The main challenge is a three parter. They have to make three looks for the Bitch Ball. Daytime Dog Park, Pooch in a Purse, and Canine Couture. What? This is just... Too much. They brought out the dogs, and all I can say is if I were one of them, I would have lost it. LOST. IT. The blood hound went to Phi Phi. The lil poofy thing went to Latrice. The poodle went to Sharon. Chad got the other thing. I have no idea. I don't like dogs. Everyone shut up.

Phi Phi was certainly mad about her dog choice. Her dog seemed to be humping her and what have you, but I can't even form an opinion. These dogs are making me nervous.

Honestly this is what I have been waiting for. I loved the wig challenge from last year, and this is pretty much the same thing. I love the rush of them having to create three outfits and adding the animals on top of it all just makes it even more complicated.

I know I don't usually talk about the guest judges, but when Ru announces that Rose McGowan is going to be on the panel, I got really excited. I was a long time Charmed fan, and since have decided that she is my favorite guest judge ever.

Oh and Ru drops a bomb by telling them they have to do a Broadway number, too. Yeah. This is getting cray cray here at the end.

Amidst the drama, we learn that Sharon secretly can't sew. After some shade from Phi Phi, she gets help from Chad, but not without a fantastic read from Latrice, of course. I know that this might be the down fall for her but wait a second... I think Phi Phi was wearing a spirit hood? You know those awkward hat things with animal ears and paws that Ke$ha is all about? Damn, he is a hipster.

Let's move on to the runway before I loose it again. The intro was very... interesting to say the least. They all looked awkward. The song was awkward. Awkward. Can we go back to season three? I miss those girls...

It's like Cats, but with dogs.

Daytime Dog Park Realness
Latrice looked a little strange. I didn't care much for the look. Phi Phi looked like an adorable princess who just happened to take her dog to the commoner's park. Sharon gave us some Real Housewives realness. It was really nice to see Sharon get out of that "spooky" box she has been in all season. Chad gave us... Cher in boots. Sharon wins this category for me

Pooch In A Purse
Latrice looked crazy. Her top was nice, but them ear rings and that skirt... and wig? I don't get it. Phi Phi looked amazing, but I don't think she went with the theme. Still one of the best of the night. Sharon is giving us Ke$ha meets Paris Hilton. I am LIVING for this look. Chad is giving us Kardashian girl -- and she looks the part completely. Sharon wins again.

Canine Couture ELEGANZA
Latrice just didn't do it for me. Honey, you weren't in the moment this week. Where is the superstar I have grown to love? Phi Phi actually pulled this one out. Her wig, her outfit, and makeup were all spot on. Sharon looked pretty great, but the boots just seemed to be out of place. Chad had the most abysmal pants on. I didn't care much for the wig either, but the poncho bit was adorable. Phi Phi got the win for me in this category.

But the real winner tonight is this fine lady.
So the judges ripped apart Latrice and Chad, but loved Sharon and Phi Phi. Who's good at calling it? I am! They even clocked Sharon's "normal" look! Then they ask the big question: Which one doesn't deserve to be there. Sharon goes for Phi Phi's throat and Phi Phi comes right back. Phi Phi almost brought me to tears, as Chad comes at her. At least Latrice isn't anti Phi Phi, as she points out some of the flaws with Sharon that I have seen all along. Hopefully they have opened they eyes of the judges about what has been going on behind the scenes.

Sharon pulled out the win, making it very obvious who the bottom two were to be. Chad and Latrice are tossed into the bottom, forced to lip sync for their lives... or maybe just their place in the top three. Bout time we see what Chad is made of. This is a tough one, I love both Chad and Latrice. Either one going home will upset me. I'm ready for the tears. I have to say that Chad is one amazing performer, and rightfully so, she stays in the competition. I'm sorry Latrice. I look forward to seeing you again one day on my television.

No comments:

Post a Comment