Monday, April 9, 2012

Song of the Week - Put Your Graffiti On Me

I hadn't really heard of Kat Graham before. So sue me. This song is actually really catching and oddly addicting, driving me to the point to where I actually picked it over a song from a band I've loved for years. Yeah. Pop music does crazy things to a person.


I'm not sure what it is about this song. The lyrics are rather simple, the beat is nothing I haven't heard before, and the vocals are on par with most other up-coming divas out there. But something about this song just stands out, and apparently has to everyone. The beat going along with the chorus has an amusing assortment of clang noises like someone was hitting metal pipes. Maybe that is it? I still can't tell you.

The lyrics themselves are fun to sing along with. "Tag me" has become my new thing to say in place of other sexual things. It's more "work friendly" it would seem. The song is very sexual, having an array of sexual metaphors and innuendos. These only add to the fun of the track, keeping everything tongue and cheek for the most part. Nobody likes it when you come out and say it all nasty like. Just put your "graffiti" on her. Yeah. That's what the kids call it these days.

You can buy the song on iTunes. I suggest it, obviously.

1 comment:

  1. asjfiftl KAT GRAHAM. I adore her; "Sassy" is one of my favorite tracks ever. I can't wait to buy this one :D

    ReplyDelete