Monday, March 5, 2012

Song of the Week - Slapper (Ayye)

Seriously. I know you guys are probably saying "Did you make a post about how awful this song was a few days ago" and my response is shut up I can do what I want. Honestly, I said that I wanted to wait for the full version to make my verdict, and I have. It's actually pretty good.


Just look at that cover art! Gawgeous! Anyway, the song itself is, indeed, a mixed bag so to speak. It is quite unlike anything I've ever heard from Nadia, as well as anything I've heard produced by Space Cowboy (with whom I have the most unhealthy obsession with). That being said, if you overlook just how unlike her it is, the song is actually quite catchy. The hook will get stuck in your head even if I have no idea what the crazy woman is saying in it. I just kind of mumble something resembling "madam" over and over.

I have to say that the song does not lie. This beat is a slapper. If you don't watch it, it might slap you in the face. My favorite part has to be the "Oh, Oh, Oh. Nadia Oh" portion. These little tidbits paired with the hilarious lyrics that I obviously am good at (very slightly) misquoting. And just when I thought it couldn't get any better, it utters my favorite line to ever grace a song -- "Space Cowboy just play that track." If only it were longer than two and a half minutes.

I think Ayye is my favorite new word of 2012. Suck it.

Buy the song. Now.

2 comments:

  1. I am aware that the site Popjustice exists. Thank you for your concern though.

    ReplyDelete