Sunday, March 11, 2012

Drag Race 4 Cast Off Roundup Part Two

It's been six weeks since this crazy adventure has started, and we have seen many girls go. Every three or so girls, I am going to go back and recap their first and final impressions they made from the show. This series takes my review of the initial season four cast announcement interviews and compares them to how they were on the actual show.

This post covers weeks four through six. For weeks one through three, click here.


First up is Madame Laqueer:


"Madam Laqueer is another oddly named queen and our second Puertorican queen -- and better yet she's the first big Latin queen in the history of the show! I have to say I was really digging her makeup. This bitch was channeling Pizzaz with that lightning bolt eye -- or maybe Ke$ha. Either way, she's got style, and I can't wait to see more of her."

While MLQ did look good in the promo, the show was a whole different story. She was presented as the girl who complained - a lot. She just didn't shine at all on the show, and in the episode she was sent away on, she backed herself into a corner. And girl, when Michelle tells you to stop wearing green you better listen!

How about some lil Ms. Kenya Michaels?


"Kenya Michaels isn't Chad's sister, but she is definitely fierce. She is the first of this seasons Puertorican queens, and I am instantly in love. She has a great personality and is probably only second to Alexis in English ability so far from the Latin queens in the show. I really hope she is the first Latin Diva to take the crown. I have to say I wouldn't be disappointed."

Back to back, the ladies of PR were sent home. Tragic! This girl had so much style, spunk, and craziness that I was devastated when she was sent packing. I really did think she would make it to the end, but she was really one of the first to go. As pointless as it was, I did enjoy her very shady letter she wrote that was revealed in the sixth episode of Untucked. She definitely was holding back. Wish she hadn't.

Finally, who I'm sure you've been waiting for, Milan.


"Nicole Paige Brooks Milan. Ok, so that may have been a bad joke, but I can't help but just think of Ms. Brooks. She just gives off that vibe. I'm sure she is nice, but she looks very plain, at least for this promo. I really hope she pulls it out and werks it during the show or she may be sent home early."

Ok. So maybe I shouldn't have made that Nicole joke, but it seemed funny at the time. This girl was all over the place. Often times presented as a hot mess, anyone who has read any of my recaps knows I was not a fan of her. BUT THEN I looked up some of her stuff outside the show. She is actually quite talented. I don't know why she went for these crazy characters instead of some of the amazing glamor she is known for in NYC.

In my last roundup, I said I would be happy to see Dida go. Thankfully she hasn't and has had time to prove herself (to me at least.) The judges don't seem to be digging her as of late, so I'm actually sending out positive vibes for her this time. Stay in the game, girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment