Friday, March 9, 2012

Newness from Dragonette!

FINALLY! Dragonette is an amazing group out of Canada and one of my biggest obsessions from the late 2000s. They have been all but dormant since their 2009 release "Fixin To Thrill", and when I received an email from their newsletter, I was pumped. Dragonette is back, my friends.


In honor of International Women's Day (which I forgot to make a post about! What a horrid person I can be!),  Dragonette has released a new track called "The Right Woman" for "Proud to be Woman Vol. 3," a compilation put together by Diane von Furstenberg. It has that same electronic dance-rock vibe that you are used to if you have ever heard anything by this group. In case you haven't, or if you just wanna jam to an amazing girl power track, take a listen below.




Also included in the email was a tidbit about them releasing a new single! "Let It Go" will be released soon, so they say, along with sneak peeks exclusive to those following them on Twitter (@Dragonette). Come on guys! I can't be the only one loosing my mind over this news.

One last bit of info at the bottom reads:

"In conjunction with these releases, and in the lead-up to the release of Dragonette's 3rd album (which is almost done!), Dan, Tina, and Joel are hitting the road to play a combination of new tracks and old favorites, stopping at SXSW and Coachella along the way, and popping in to the Juno Awards, where they'll perform "Hello" and see if their nomination turns into their first win! "

Support the official release of "The Right Woman" by buying it on iTunes. God, I love Canada.

No comments:

Post a Comment