Tuesday, March 13, 2012

RuPaul's Drag Race - Dragazines

Before I start to break it down for you all this week, I would like to stand up on my soap box for a moment and complain to you all. Yes, I know this episode was leaked prior to it's premier. I think that it was a crap thing to do. Period. I did not watch the episode before it was put on Logo's website, and I hope you had enough respect for Ru, as well as the rest of the Logo family, to not support the piracy. Now that the elephant is out of the room, let's move on.



The episode begins with an awkward exchange as the girls question Jiggly as to her intentions with the show.

Willam: "Do you think you are going to win the show?"
Jiggly: "..."
Phi Phi: "That was an awkwardly long pause"

The mini challenge allows us to re-visit the library once again. Reading is fundamental, of course.

Sadly, Dida wasn't too great of a reader. As expected, Jiggly is really good at throwing shade around. Phi Phi tried... she really tried, but I guess she doesn't know how to be a funny bitch. Just a mean bitch. Willam was hilarious as always. "So old you on MySpace" she tells Chad. I love them all, but this season's reading didn't have me rolling. Latrice won. Work on your reading skills, ladies.


The glasses just weren't her prescription, I guess.
God! Ru has got to stop having Shawn come out in tight undies. I keep getting distracted. The main challenge is to create a magazine cover. Latrice, being the winner of the mini challenge, gets to assign the girls their topics. Some awkward shenanigans go down when Jiggly is assigned the Health and Fitness magazine... and the cat lovers goes to Sharon.

Drama ensues with Jiggly once again, as she is torn between whether to take her fitness topic serious or funny. Phi Phi, being the shady bitch she is, encourages her to be very serious about it all. I smell a conspiracy, don't you? Jiggly later confesses that she had eating disorders in the past, and says she hides behind her humor. Even Ru says she needs to make it funny. I sense a devastating mistake coming on.

Dida, on the other hand, thinks it might be racist for her to pose on the cover of a chicken lovers magazine. Again, it looks like Latrice might have had ulterior motives. The conspiracy continues!

Dida is first up for the photo shoot. She looks gorgeous, and so does the photographer. This show needs to stop having such hot men on it. I can't focus. Meanwhile, Dida can't get over the fact she's posing with chicken. Sharon decides to climb on top of some things and insult the photographer a bit. Not sure how I felt about her look.  And Willam gets naked. She was super hilarious, putting lamp shades on the pit crew's heads. "I'm the prettiest one now that Kenya's gooone!"

The fact that it's blurred out is the only thing saving me from that "Adult Content" fliter.

Chad had the craziest outfit on, but was only on screen for about ten seconds. Then Phi Phi was thrown back into the mix. She decided she wanted to be a whore for a day. Latrice's gossip look... wasn't very gossipy. She used this time to get up close and personal with the pit crew. Jiggly, as I feared, decided to take it seriously instead of being comedic. This, obviously, proves to be a huge downfall with her. Sorry, girl.

Moving on to the runway.
Sharon wearing an elegant black and white dress. I really like her glamor she has been bringing lately.
Dida Ritz looks so cute and totally fishy this go around.
Chad is giving everyone rocker chick.
Latrice looked amazing in my opinion. I love me some dangley jewelery.

In retrospect, it was probably a bit much.

Willam looks amazingly beautiful as always. Yes, hunties. I am still completely Team Willam. "Fish Salad Realness."
Jiggly... again is giving us Prom. Prom. Prom. Ugh. Done.
Phi Phi went for a new look, giving us less awkward hair and more leg! The blue looked amazing on her.

The girls were all ripped apart for both their magazine and runway looks, especially Latrice and her five hundred accessories. Phi Phi was the clear winner for this challenge. As for the bottom, it really could have been anybody. The bottom two ended up being Jiggly and -gasp- Willam. Part of me is horrified that my fave is in the bottom, and the  other part of me is excited to finally see if Ms. Belli can serve it in a LSFYL. Thankfully she pulled it off and sent Jiggly packing. Close call, lady. Don't you do this to me again.

No comments:

Post a Comment