Wednesday, March 21, 2012

MYPHNH(BS) - Scarlette Fever

A little bit country, a little bit rock-n-roll, and a little bit... dance pop? Yet another singer from the good ol' UK has risen to the surface making an impact on the music world. Her name is Scarlette Fever. Haven't heard of her? Well then, let me introduce you to her so you can get in on the next big thing. Welcome to Music You Probably Have Never Heard (But Should).


I wasn't sure what to think about this lady upon first finding her. She isn't exactly one genre or another. He debut album "Medication Time" had some amazing sleeper hits on them, as well as a few scattered gems.

She recently released a music video for her song "Hour of Sunshine" and I have to say that I am totally digging it. It has a Reba McEntire vibe to it, making you want to clap and sing along. I may try and hide it, but I was born and raised in the south, so whether I like it or not, country music is in my veins. I'll deny it up and down, though!

The album version of "Hour of Sunshine" has a totally different vibe to it than the single, having a tinge of electronic and pop pushed into it, making it feel completely different. It is amazing  what a slight change in backtrack can do to the feel of an entire song. Either way, "You're my favorite waste of my time" is one of my favorite lines. Like ever.

Recently, Scarlette announced the release of a new live EP entited "The Great Expectations". Included are the new single "Hour of Sunshine" as well as "Cheatin' Man" and "Good Day". The EP will be released worldwide on April 8th. Until then, you can buy her debut album "Medication Time" and get yourself amped for the versions of the tracks.


No comments:

Post a Comment