Monday, July 18, 2011

Song of the Week - Skyscraper

The video of the week has been discontinued, but the song of the week shall live on. This week was a hard fight. Four strong contenders were up for the title this week. I guess when you complain about no good music they will prove you wrong. I finally made my decision late last night after a close call. This week's song of the week is Demi Lovato's "Skyscraper".


This song is an emotional roller coaster. I am not too familiar with what all this girl has been through, but I know she's been hospitalized and had to resign from her show on the Disney Channel. She has definitely been through a lot, and she has channeled all of that emotion into this song. She says that no matter who tries to break her or cut her down, she will always rise above them again. It is very inspirational and relatable to nearly everyone.

I am trying not to get too cheesy about this song, but it really did speak to me. I know it sounds lame, but I've had a lot going on in my life and this song spoke to me. The song really did make me feel better -- like there is still hope. I'm sure that she has inspired people with her song as well as her story, and I sincerely hope she can stay on this path and even make more amazing music for her new album.

The song rose to number one on iTunes in mere hours, but fell to the number nine slot the next day. I want to see it at the top of the charts again. Preview and buy the song here. Let's get her back to number one!

1 comment:

  1. This is a pretty great song. Not really been a fan of hers and I'm not sure she had any part in writing this song but it does suit her story and I think if an artist isn't writing personal music, they should at least express themselves by using songs that seem to evoke their stories. This song really resonates emotionally because of that connection to her drug addiction and cutting and makes you really feel her struggle. Her voice is pretty impressive for a Disney pop tart, too. So much character. I think she has potential to be really great.

    ReplyDelete