Sunday, July 3, 2011

Video of the Week - I Wanna Go

It's pretty rare that I obsess over anything in the mainstream media, but on occasion something popular comes out that is actually worth my time (and yours). Let me introduce you to this brand new pop singer Britney Spears -- Oh the sarcasm I'm full of.



This video is priceless. The opening sequence makes the video. "FXXK YOU! FXXK YOU! YOU'RE COOL!" It's hilarious. The entire video is about Britney breaking free from this stereotype she's created for herself, as well as lashing out at the media and not taking herself too seriously any more. I mean, the marquee in the background says "Crossroads 2: Cross Harder".

I love it when celebrities stop being serious and just have a moment where they goof off. It's like she had a bunch of inside jokes with her friends and decided to include them in the video... with really high production values and special effects. The song is catchy, but I don't think I'd like it half as much if I hadn't seen the video.

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha.. This is a great choice for Video of the Week! I do, however, adore Brit Brit and always have.. there's just something about her that makes me want to root for her to succeed. I suppose I enjoy my fixer upper popstars!! :)

    ReplyDelete