Monday, July 4, 2011

Song of the Week - Free

This week's song took no thought at all. Actually, I had been planning to put this up as song of the week since I heard it was going to be her next US single. I have been in love with this song since it leaked back around February. This go around, Ms. Kills has teamed up with Will.I.Am to make the track even more sick'ning.


I couldn't believe my eyes a few weeks back when I read via Natalia Kills' Twitter that Free would be her next single. I know it sounds really melodramatic, but this song really did get me through some rough times. The song is an anthem for those who got fired, laid off, or quit their jobs. It is about just being free -- living how you want to live and not worrying about where your money is going to come from. Mind you, Natalia has expensive tastes, so her living on a shoestring budget was probably a lot harder than it was for me.

I think this song shows us a lighter, more carefree side of Natalia. The rest of the album is very dark and brooding. While this isn't a bad thing and the tone of the album is great in general, Free is like a breath of fresh air and shows us that she is capable of shedding her "Queen of Darkness" mentality even if only for one or two songs.

Support Natalia and give her single a listen (and of course a buy) here.

No comments:

Post a Comment