Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Coming Soon - July Edition

Ever feel like what you are waiting for seems to perpetually be "only weeks away"? Welcome to my life. Every time I get into something, it seems like they either continuously postpone a release, or they hype it up so much that I can't stand to wait the few weeks until the release.

First up, we have a favorite Drag Racer of mine having her new single come out later this month. No, not Pandora Boxx. I'm talking about Ms. Sahara Davenport "Go Off".


Not a lot has been revealed about the single, but if it is anything like "Pump With Me" I will be all over it. Sahara is one of the few queens that actually has a lot of vocal talent, so I am always happy to see her exploring the world of music. A few videos of her performing the song at clubs are floating around on YouTube, but I just can't bring myself to watch them. I want it to be a surprise when I hear it for the first time. I want to experience it... Like a virgin touched for the very first time -- Ehhh Sorry for the Madonna reference! Anyway, the girl has charm and knows how to treat her fans (she's replied to several of my tweets). I really believe she'll go far. Cant wait to GO OFF! The new track hits iTunes July 26.

Next up is an update on a friend of mine. Since my blog's creation (more or less) I have been a big supporter of Mason Black, an up and coming artist/singer/songwriter. I think he has loads of talent and is a genuinely good person. His latest song, "Jack The Ripper" was put up for free on soundcloud a few weeks back in order to gauge reception. He says that based on how well it does (IE How many listens/favorites/comments it gets) he may or may  not release it as a single. Let me tell you, in case you missed my last post about it, Jack The Ripper is one seriously sick'ning track. Give it a listen here and let him know what you think.

My all time favorite band, Aqua, (don't laugh) has recently risen from the grave for a third time with the new single "How R U Doin", an iTunes exclusive. After the video was released a few months back they went silent again. I was worried that they would give up again, but as it turns out I couldn't be more wrong. They announced today via Facebook that their to-be-named album has just been completed and that a second album single will be released in the very near future. More info will be released in the coming weeks, but this glint of hope has me excited to the max.

There you have it. Wondering why I didn't mention "Cooter" again? BECAUSE I BLOG ABOUT IT IN EVERY POST! And yes, I almost posted the video yet again.

EDIT:
Not sure what this has to do with the song, but it's pretty amusing.

No comments:

Post a Comment