Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Drag U Tue - Like a Virgin

This post comes a bit later than usual, mostly due to the fact that my ISP decided it would be awesome to do some really annoying updates RIGHT when the episode was posted on Logo's website. Uhg. Anyway, before I get carried away on a rant about how terrible local service is, lets jump right into this weeks Drag U!


These ladies should really stop making such hilarious faces. I'm gonna get 'em every time. Anyway, this weeks theme was virgins, and trust me, there was a reason these girls hadn't gotten any. Raven's student, Christina (AKA Candy Wrapper), had never been kissed. Megan, given to the care of Mariah (and named Smokey St. James by the Dragulator) graduated from Harvard and spent the rest of her days behind a computer desk. Sally, paired with Juju, can't think of a single thing to be proud of in her life. The professors really had their work cut out for them this week.

This weeks lady lesson was rather uncomfortable for me. It was all about lady scaping. I try to avoid talking about man scaping as it is. I really don't need to know what your lady bits look like, or what style wig they've got on. The amazing Lady Bunny showed them some rather comical example of how they could style themselves including: The Landing Strip, The Bermuda Triangle, The Rising Sun, And... The Wifi? Apparently Raven had full signal in there. It probably would have been less awkward if Megan hadn't have gotten her inspiration from her sweater.. oh and if Lady Bunny had remembered to shave her chest hair! Gross!


 The antics in this episode were above average for the series. Raven's constant battle against, well, everyone, continues in this edition of The Raven Show (Seriously, she is in nearly every episode!) as she steals, yet again. God, I love the bitch but she goes out of the way to create drama. She took Juju's earrings and hid them. Much to everyone's surprise, the winner this time was actually Mariah, who took them for herself. There were a few arguments over how much skin to show and the startling revelation that Jujubee is really a man. Who'd have thought that on a show about drag queens?

I was ecstatic to see that Andre had returned for this episode's dance segment. He is still adorable and now is rocking a killer mohawk. He is adorable, and if I got him a visor, we could have some really awesome Star Trek role play... and suddenly this review got really awkward. Anyway -- Cuteness aside, he really is a good dance instructor, and this routine is the best I've seen yet on Drag U. We ended up having a bit of a problem when Sally began complaining about her ankles. I wanted to sympathize with her, but I just couldn't force myself to do so. A lot of queens go through a lot of pain to look like they do, so she should have just toughed it out. 

Soon enough it was Draguation. Sally looked a bit of a hot mess. Nothing really seemed to be working 100%. The dress was unflattering, the wig didn't fit her well. It was a mess. Megan looked quite put together, with a bit of a Victorian look thrown in there. My favorite, though, was Christina. Her look was red hot and she had some amazing hair to match it. She had the most confidence and the best dance moves. But alas, the curse upon me is that my favorites rarely ever win, and the title was given to the less confident Megan. I guess I cant be too upset. She was good, just not the best in my opinion.


To wrap it all up, we had Morgan McMichaels giving us tips on the unusual uses for petroleum jelly. Apparently you aren't supposed to use it with condoms though. Morgan looked really hot in this. I can't wait to see more of her in the show. And PUH-LEASE! Where is my Pandora Boxx? Four episodes in and she's had a total of ten seconds of screen time. You are wearing my patients, show!


1 comment:

  1. I agree. That was a setup! Candy Wrapper (Christina) was the best!

    ReplyDelete