Friday, February 17, 2012

Video Review - Time To Go

Oh, Kwanza Jones how I love you so much. You never disappoint me. You made me wait and wait, and then even wait some more for this video, but it was totally worth it. If you haven't heard this song yet, then this video is the best way I could possibly think of to introduce you to the new Kwanza.




This video, while mainly an excuse for Kwanza to show off her amazing personal style, does have a plot. I can't exactly tell you what it is, but I know it involves some kid. He keeps running away from Ms. Jones. I don't know why he would, though, because she looks amazing. Then again, I guess to a child, fierceness can be scary.

Calm your jets, child.

Anyway, back to the amazingness that is what she is wearing. The first outfit of the video is her matalic dress. This one (featured on the cover of her single) is quite breathtaking. While less baked potato than Jiggly from drag race, she still gives off the vibe of a hot Puerto Rican drag queen. After emerging from an egg, she proceeds to dance around. Fiercely of course.

It's right about now I realize my vocabulary consists solely of the word "fierce."
The next look is one of my favorite looks I have ever seen Kwanza take on. Never before have I seen somebody's hair glow. I can't get over it. Then you have the butterfly masquerade mask. Don't even get me started on those fish nets. GOD!  This is where most of the choreographed dancing takes place, along with a few men in motion capture suits that could be taken straight from Tron. I am not sure how this fits in to the theme, but in a sense, it works.

Again. Fierce.
Then comes the most unique look out of the entire shoot. Standing on what looks like a pedestal without being able to move around, Kwanza relies on her arms and face for movement. And now for a reference that nobody other than me will understand. She is serving some Koda Kumi in Cutie Honey realness. Did you get that reference? Didn't think so.

She look like she is summoning Sister Jill.
Lastly, there is the outfit that is introduced towards the end of the video. This one looks much more chic than the others and features a lot of chains and even more silver than before. Damn, lady, you can look good in anything. Like ugh. Seriously.

Just so... so fierce.
In the end I think she may have scared the kid for life with all of her crazy couture. Who knows? All I know is I LOVE HER! I know I usually go in depth more with these things, but I just can't help myself from gushing. This is probably the worst review I've ever done simply because I can talk about is how amazing her dressed and looks are. God. Done. Sorry guys. Done.

You know what? Watch it for yourselves. YOU WILL SEE THE FEROCITY! 

BONUS:
Deleted scene from Across The Universe?
Kwanza is not amused.
HHHNNNGGG SO FIER-- You know what? Screw all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment