Monday, February 6, 2012

Madonna And The Superbowl Extravaganza

My main problem with the Super Bowl's half time shows is simply this: they always have crap acts. Every year I wait and wait for them to pick someone amazing, and it never happens. This year was different. Madonna was their choice this year. The queen of pop music. Also, I forgot that the Superbowl was this weekend. Luckily YouTube exists.

Note: I have no idea how long this video will be available on Youtube. Let me know if it gets taken down and I will look for a new version to post.


This is what pop music needs to be: Over the top and outrageous. Madonna is carried out on a throne, for Christ's sake. Her band members are dressed like Roman Centurions. There was a tightrope dancer, and space age cheerleaders. Like I said, the epitome of pop music.

The first song up is Vogue. This was my favorite song by Madonna. Ever. Not only is it a drag queen anthem, but it was also a big part of my life as a kid. And seeing Madonna perform this song on a stage so epic it puts Eurovision to shame, was a dream come true. Speaking of which, this lady looks good! I think this is her way of telling everybody the old saying "Age ain't nothing but a number" is indeed true. She pops, locks, and drops it just as good as anybody -- and she's good at Shufflin' too.

Why bring that up? Because the next song, Music, was mixed together with Party Rock Anthem and Sexy and I Know It by LMFAO -- and they were there. For a small segment the three even danced together! As expected, M.I.A. and Nicki Minaj (if you are confused as to which was which, their crotches are labeled) trot out on stage with those crazy cheerleaders I mentioned earlier for a portion of Madonna's newest single Give Me All Your Lovin'. This song was actually good. I'm glad that horrible Hard Candy era is a thing of the past.

For the final portion of the lengthy performance she is joined by Cee Lo Green and a chorus of what looks like at least one hundred people to help sing Like A Prayer. Cee Lo has some PIPES! After a dramatic climb to the top, she simply disappears in smoke.

And everyone is left breathless. Madonna is back, and this time she's not letting anybody get in her way. For her new song she's teamed up with two of pops biggest rising divas, and she's letting everyone know she is still the queen of it all. That being said, is any body else expecting a look-alike version of this performance by Lady Gaga next year?

No comments:

Post a Comment