Tuesday, February 14, 2012

RuPaul's Drag Race - Champions VS Glamazons

This season is getting crazier and crazier. With them awarding 100k to the winner, you'd think they would be cutting every corner possible to save them a dime, but the insanity continues, and the show keeps reminding us all why it is the top rated show on Logo. This is what TV should be.



Never fear. The Willam Show, as promised, has been put on hiatus so that I can talk about the other girls this week. I promise. I'm not even going to mention how Willam was pouting in the background of the opening sequence (probably still bitter after what was cut from the last episode). Nope.

Ru's constant shameless self promotion ALWAYS gets me. Even in the She Mail segment, he was plugging his stuff on iTunes.

For the mini challenge, Ru decided to help out someone less fortunate. Piyah has a disease that prevents her legs from growing. Chad was very effected by it, proving once again how I love just how incredibly sweet she is. Her fanbase, the Butterflies, inspires the challenge. They have to pair up, and errbody leaves Jiggly alone because she's a bitch, so she chooses to join Phi Phi and Kenya.

Willam and Chad's was my favorite. Phi Phi's team wins which makes PhiPhi and Kneya team captains.


Seriously. How did they not win? Fierce.

Phi Phi tossed shade at Sharon, but she sure did pick her fast. Well she isn't stupid and Sharon is always being praised by the judges, so it's no wonder she was picked first, I guess. Madame threw a fit about Kenya not picking her from the start due to the close relationships of the PR queens in the past. Just because you share a country doesn't mean you gotta be BFFs, lady.

Back to the content, I LOVE Phi Phi. She is really fierce and crafty, but she needs to learn some time management. "Just put some white powder on your face and call it Gothic" is one of the bitchiest lines so far in the show. I mean, you picked Sharon for a reason. You should be open to her looks and get over your beef with her.

Milan keeps pushing over Kenya. Have to say that she is annoying. Everybody thought so, too, so I'm not being a bitch, I swear. I just can't stand Milan for some reason. She looks good in the photos and videos I've seen online, but I think she relies on looks far too much. She needs to pull together a good outfit once in a while. And shut up, too.


When it came to the challenge, Chad was very "age inappropriate" (to quote a certain queen) and she looked very fabulous doing so. Willam has to huff the pit crew before she can move on. LOVE IT! Milan was just horrible. Kenya looked like an amazing African Princess.

In my notes, I mentioned how I didn't "get" Phi Phi's outfit. At the end of the episode, when they showed the full infomercials, it made much more sense that she was going for some kind of Hispanic stereotype.



It's never fully explained what she did to that pinata.


Uhhh. Jiggly. you aren't Manila Luzon. The crazy offensive Asian stereotype has been done before and done better. Sharon fell flat a little bit. Her blood sacrifice joke didn't sit well with Ru, it seemed. Dida's housewife crap just wasn't doing it for me either. Cmon girls. Don't make Phi Phi carry you all!

Even though she's super snooty.

When it came to the runway, this time I am glad to say that they are finally stepping up to the top tier that they all should be on. That being said, Milan's pants were horrid. Ugh. I just can't. Chad looked gorgeous. The Jem and the Holograms comment was STRAIGHT ON! Willam looked like a fierce glamazon. He needs to remember that he's being a woman and needs to hide the nips though. Sharon looked a bit too much like Raven tonight for my liking, but Raven is an amazing queen, so I am still not sure if that is a bad thing.


Phi Phi looked amazing. Love that swoop hair. Madame looked a hot mess. Those tit cut outs? What? The Princess was serving some Amber Rose realness. Finally I like a Jiggly look. That mohawk and dress were spot on tonight. Loose the gaga shades, though. Dida didn't impress me again. Kenya always looks so adorable! Can she be anything but?


Apparently the Willam Show has been put on hiatus for All About Phi Phi

This is officially an apology. Dear Latrice, I take back everything bad I've said about you. Ever. You may have gotten pushed back to the background for this episode (did they even show your segment of the infomercial?) but all of your looks tonight were wonderful. I hope you didn't take any of my negativity to hear. XOXO - Gao

DRAGNIFICENT!

"If I were watching at home I'd place my order now! Really. Do it."

Sharon won the challenge, which truly surprised me. She didn't do as well in the challenge, but she always looks so fierce. On the other hand, Dida and The Princess were cast into the bottom two. Even after pulling out all the stops on the lip sync, they still sent The Princess home. I sincerely believe she deserved more time in the spotlight to show her true self.

Long live The Princess.

1 comment:

  1. On the other hand, Milan and The Princess were cast into the bottom two.

    IT WAS DIDA.

    ReplyDelete