Tuesday, February 21, 2012

RuPaul's Drag Race - Queens Behind Bars

It's that time again. Tuesdays by now should be a staple in your life where you come to Taking Over The Universe to read all about The Willam Show RuPaul's Drag Race. This episode was no disappointment, and it answered the question that was on all of our minds... How long are they going to draw out this "Party City" argument?



The episode starts off with a gamer nerd joke! Sharon comments on the departure of The Princess by saying that she had gone to another castle. Classic.

Let's blaze right on to the mini challenge. Given the name of the episode, I'm going to assume that this one was tailor made for Latrice, given her sordid past in jail.

Anyway, this mini challenge was all about doing mug shots for their pre-jail experience. Everyone quickly jumped into pairs, and to Willam's complete surprise, she was paired with MLQ, giving the world my favorite line from the episode. "WHAT DID I DO THAT WAS SO UNCHRISTINAN THAT I HAVE MADAME AS MY DEFAULT PARTNER!?" Also classic. I think that's my new thing. Classic.



I would take the time to go over how awful everyone but Willam and MLQ looked, but I think that you would all much rather see the pit crew being sexy cops.

Brb. I need to take care of a something real quick.


After that mini break to correct the problem caused by the sexy pit crew uniforms for tonight, we get to the announcement of the main challenge. Turns out they aren't really going to jail (Latrice is safe!), but they are acting in a sitcom spoof pilot. Willam, of course, is super excited about this because he has acted in a ton of shows, especially Sex in the City. Did you know he was on Sex in the city? He will definitely tell you he was on Sex in the City.

Team MLQ was a hot mess. The two girls with the accents were given the biggest parts! Did they learn nothing from the Home Fried Males from season two? Gawd. Anyway, Milan steps up once again to throw MLQ under the bus a few times as Ru inspects them. She seems to get high off of putting other people down. I would never do that. Never. And if you believe me you obviously have only read this paragraph and nothing I've ever written.


It's nice to see that Ru Didn't change everything up on them this season by switching the scripts!

The only stand out performance this go around was Latrice. She was hilarious and had everybody rolling. I think I'm finally understanding why everybody loves her so much. I guess I was just too caught up on her abysmal cast interview to see her real personality.





And what a personality it is!

The second group was just... bad. Sharon looked bad and was bad at acting. MLQ's "experience" did her no good because her tacky accent made her loose focus on the whole thing. Kenya was batshit crazy as usual. The one thing that did surprise me was Dida. She looked like she belonged on a season of Real Housewives (not an insult, I love those shows) and she actually acted very well. Also Milan was there.

I saw a tweet about seeing Phi Phi in the shower so I was keeping an eye out for it. HAWT BOY THERE. Then in the very next scene, we are shown the full scene of the "Party City" blow up that is shown in every promo for this season. It was all over Sharon bringing up Phi Phi's skills as a team leader in the previous episode. Phi Phi and Sharon both have such strong personalities, but I have to say I was totally backing Phi Phi on this one. She may have been a bitch, and probably could have said it nicer, but she did know what she was talking about.

Latrice finally turned it on the runway! I'm so happy for her. Pageant perfection! Dida looked kind of cute today! Serving fish. Madame's dress was just... That dress? Really? WILLAM LOOKED SO AMAZING! Kenya looked like a real woman. That yellow and purple dress was gorgeous. Everyone was gaging over Chad, but I wasn't feeling it this one. Jiggly looked like she was going for being sixteen while Milan looked like she was going for 50. Sharon had a very strange look, too, but I was glad to see her do something other than goth.




The only standout on the runway for me tonight was Phi Phi. I may be leaning towards the dark side in falling completely in love with her. I mean, she is totally anti Willam most of the time. You guys just don't know how hit feels to have your faves hate each other!






Can anybody explain why she has yet to win anything? Seriously.

Team Willam wins this one. Well duh. Actually, I'm surprised Willam didn't respond with a "duh." Latrice won the main challenge, and it was nice to see everyone happy for her. I think she is the only one who is in good standing with everyone. The rest are just bitches out to claw out each others throats -- in between spiritual gospel singing of course!

I would tell you what they said about the girls in the critiques, but I just got lost in Michelle Visage's boobs.

MLQ is the first girl put in the bottom two followed swiftly by Milan. Quite frankly, neither of the bottom two this week have that star quality the show is thriving for, so I knew this one wouldn't be too emotional for me. I guess it just came down to who could swiffer the floor with their taint the best. That or MLQ stood still the whole time, so she was sent home. In the words of my idol, Willam, "Bye."

No comments:

Post a Comment