Thursday, February 16, 2012

Xelle Makes You Feel Invincible

Xelle has done it again. This "girl group" has always surprised everyone in what they can accomplish. They've already proven they aren't just "Party Girls" with their second single "Hologram", and "Invincible" further shows everybody just how amazing an caring these three are.




I won't lie. I teared up. This song means so much more to me than I can put into words. For any gay boy, any nerd, any person who isn't what you would call the "social norm" out there, this song is your anthem. Mimi, Rony, and JC urge you to stand up for yourself and keep your spirits high.

The song is a team up with GLSEN to stand up against bullying in all of it's forms. The song, a true reflection of this, has lyrics such as "You're like the sun/Show them you make the world go 'round" and "You're invincible/No one can bring you down." These lyrics really hit home with me. I know that I don't usually talk about my personal life here, but this really made me feel better. I sent Mimi a personal message thanking her and the girls for proving that everyone is amazing in their own way.

Buy the song on iTunes. It goes to a great cause.

Oh and did I mention that is ME (in the red and black bandanna) at the 1:10 mark of the video? I've never felt so famous!

No comments:

Post a Comment