Sunday, February 26, 2012

Nadia Oh Previews "Slapper (Ayye)"

Dear lord, Ms. Oh. What the hell have you gotten into this time? If there is one thing she is good at, it is making something new and different while still being very distinctly Nadia. Unfortunately that means that just when you fall in love with her current sound, she flips it around and you have to stomach something else for a while.

Oh god.

Slapper.




I think I will wait for the full song to be released, because often times it's the bridge that really makes me fall in love with a song, but the preview of this one just doesn't grab me as quickly as her previous tracks. I mean it has the stereotypical rap "clap" beat and it comes packed with a hook more annoying than "You're a jerk." What's a Nadia fan to do?

The actual lyrics are amusing as always. With such gems as "Skin tone like coffee mixed with a cream" and "working harder than ten bitches in a hot tub", the song has that true troll-tastic nature that she has always brought, but I don't know if humor alone will make this a top notch track in my book.

Also where's the Moombahton?

2 comments:

  1. It's "This record hotter than 10 bitches in a hot tub."

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol it's "skin tone like coffee mixed with that cream"

    ReplyDelete