Sunday, February 19, 2012

Drag Race 4 Cast Off Roundup Part One

So far this season we have seen three girls go. Three crazy talented girls have walked out the doors never to return again -- until the reunion special that is. With this new segment, I am going to recap the girls that have gone home and talk about their mistakes, as well as my first impressions of the queens from my post about the initial cast interviews.

Let's get it started with week one. Alisa Summers.

Check out my original impression of her:


"The last interview was Alisa Summers
I'm not sure if it was just the hassle of watching twelve interviews before her or if that is just how she was, but I got a very middle of the road vibe from her. I found myself picking her wardrobe apart, from the bad tights to the gaged ears, but her physical appearance was very spot on -- like if Carmen Carrera and Alexis Mateo had a child. Yeah. I went there."

 Her time on the show was very brief. Sadly the show didn't showcase her very much at all. The only memorable thing we have of her is her final runway look, which was too boobalicious for any of us. She really was a body queen it would seem, which means my Carmen comment was pretty much spot on. Moving on.


"Lashauwn Beyond may be a weird name, but she definitely isn't a weird queen. She definitely had the best look for the robot themed promo shoot and she gave one hell of an interview. I hope she brings Gluegun Beyond along for the ride. That could get interesting. "

After that bubble dress, maybe she was a weird queen. Joking! Lashauwn was definitely one of my top queens for this season. I was truly devastated when she left the show. She and I are very close in age, and she was so cute as both a boy and a girl that I thought she would go straight to the top. I'm not sure if it was her inexperience or her status as being a "less polished Tyra" that put her in the bottom two, but it was definitely her performance that sent her home. Even I know that you don't take your shoes off at the START of a song. Sorry grrl. Gone so soon without even getting to introduce Gluegun Beyond.

Then there was The Princess.


"...The Princess. I assume that her first name is The and her last name is Princess. Anyhow, she made a very good impression. She has a rocker chick vibe to her, and keeps her deeper voice for her drag look, much like Raja last season. My only gripe is the gages in her ears. Not very princess like. She pulled a bold move by going bald in the promo, and I definitely think it payed off!"

First name The, last name Princess. Middle name "Drag" according to Twitter. I LOVE this one. There were seriously SO MANY GIRLS that should have gone home before her even being in the bottom two. Her runway looks were always amazing and her challenges were never the worst of the group but she was always the one picked apart and judged so harshly. I was sad to see her wear so much hair as the promos made it look like she was going to be this season's bald queen. Oh well. I love you, baby. Team Princess forever!

Tomorrow we will find out who the next girl is to go home. I know who I want it to be, but that would be rude and shady to say so. That being said, we'll be seeing you later, Dida. No shade.

No comments:

Post a Comment