Monday, January 2, 2012

Song of the Week - Set You Free

I don't really have an excuse for myself this time. Not much has come out the past two weeks in the music world, and when something like this comes out, it's hard to ignore. Don't judge me, everybody, but this track is by 3OH!3.


This group is one of the most inconsistent of the more mainstream acts I follow. They flop back and forth between hip hop and electronic pop, making it hard to target their exact fanbase. Every once in a while, they release a single that balances the two perfectly making me unable to hate them. "Set You Free" is one of those songs.

I'm not exactly sure what it is about this group that attracts me, or anyone for that matter, but they have a certain charm to them, and their pop stuff if pretty catchy. Now that they are in the public eye, as opposed to being hipstrer cred, fans are putting a lot of pressure on them to make stuff closer to their first album. Going by the album's most popular single "Don't Trust Me", I'd say that they are going in the right direction.

If you really want to, I guess you could buy the single on iTunes. I'm gonna go now. I feel a little dirty.

No comments:

Post a Comment