Monday, January 30, 2012

Song of the Week - Hangin' On

In an effort to make myself seem less two dimensional that I really am, I have chosen a song that is outside of the normal "Song of the Week" realm. Instead of a generic but amazingly fun poppy song, I've chosen a rock track. Yeah. Homos liking ROCK N ROLL! Get over it.


I have never heard of this band. I know practically nothing about them. But I like this song. Every now and then scouring the "Just Added" section of iTunes can pay off. Never be afraid to preview a song from a group you've never heard of. Every now and then it may surprise you.

This song has a lot of amazing guitar action. Sometimes I get so caught up in electronic keyboards and "wah-wah" dubstep crap that I forget real instruments exist. These guys do an amazing job. Maybe I have been out of the rock scene for too long, but they remind me a lot of old school Coheed and Cambria, but less obnoxious. Either way, this group deserves the credit.

You can buy the track on iTunes here. For 99c, it's not a bad idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment