Monday, January 23, 2012

Song of the Week - Light Up The Sky

I can't even explain what it is about this song that I like. As a matter of fact, I think I kind of hate this song, but I just can't help myself. I'll try to explain it, guys, but no promises.


This song is a mess of everything electronic and techno you could ever think of. It sounds like a rejected Black Eyed Peas song -- but only because the lyrics are ridiculous. The beat is where this song shines, making everyone that listens want to get up and dance. The lyrics, on the other hand... Well let's just say he says "this is" at the start of every sentence, ranging from your "super sweet sixteen" to your "cheeseburger Happy Meal."

Don't be scared by the Parental Advisory sticker on it, either. The only inappropriate part of the song is the f-bomb being dropped a couple of times in the chorus. The rest of the song sounds like it was written to be included on a Kidz Bop album. I'm not kidding. Why do I like this song so much? Ugh.

If you are into this kind of oddity, buy it on iTunes. If not, no harm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment