Saturday, January 7, 2012

Aubrey O'Day For Celebrity Apprentice

It's no secret. Back in the day, I was a huge fan of Danity Kane. I even subscribed to their ghetto phone service where they would call fans with pre-recorded messages of their group updates. Every mix CD I made in 2008 had "Damaged" on it. Then they broke up. I thought that was that, and apparently it was, for everyone except Aubrey.

I was really excited when I heard that Aubrey was getting her own TV show -- that is until I heard it was on Oxygen, a network that I sadly do not get in my area. The show was one of the most popular on the network, and despite only being six episodes long, drew a lot of attention to the singer. She released a single along with the show, "Automatic" (Which can be bought on iTunes), and she continued to release a lot of material on the viral field as opposed to through retailers.

Now, Ms. O'Day is in the spotlight again as she was announced for the cast of the new season of Celebrity Apprentice. Yes, I know I'm a bit late on this news, but I don't keep up with reality TV outside the realm of drag queens, so give me a break. The show is set to premier on February 12, 2012. Other notable stars appearing in the new season are Clay Aiken, Cheryl Tiegs, and a personal hero of mine, George Takei. That means there is a lot of reasons to watch this year.

My hopes are that her appearance on a major network again will give Aubrey the push to release more solo material. She has been talking up an album for quite some time now, but not release date, or even tentative period has been announced, leaving a lot of fans to wonder what is going on. Another theory is that the new material may be tied to a new season of "All About Aubrey", her Oxygen show.

According to her fanbase on Twitter, she is going to be holding an online announcement (most likely via Ustream) to cover topics and concerns from her fans. Hopefully I will be able to attend and get some info on her upcoming music. For now, we will just have to wait. At least we still have our old Dantiy Kane albums to get us through the hard times. What? I'm the only one?

No comments:

Post a Comment