Thursday, January 12, 2012

Video Review - Werk Me

If you don't love Hyper Crush, we can't be friends. This group is the epitome of what pop needs to be. Electronic, experimental, and fun, this trio knows how to get it done. Their newest video, "Werk Me" hit the web this week, and let me tell you, if you don't like glitter or asses, you probably shouldn't watch.

(Warning: Lots of pictures and ass under the cut.)

Honestly, this video has no real story. It is a lot of flashing lights and sex appeal while the group sings along. That's about it, but at least it is hilariously interesting. The video has several different takes to it, each highlighting a particular band member (or in Holly's case, showing her in a lot of different outfits and wigs.)

My favorite segment of the video is the workout sequence. Holly decked in a platinum blond Lady Gaga wig, along with a couple of back up dancers, show you exactly how they work it. At first, the sequence didn't seem anything special. Holly looked like she had been sweating up a storm (part of the dirty sex appeal of the video), and the dance was rather simple, but then I noticed something. Are those back up dancers men? In tube tops?

I'm either disturbed or delighted.
Holly continues to be overly weird in another segment of hers where she wears bug-eyed sunglasses. Every time I tried to get a snapshot of this part, she ended up looking like a beaver, as extreme close up wasn't exactly the best choice. It makes for an amusing part of the video, but when you watch it frame by frame like I did, it can be a bit disturbing.

Still kind of beaver-ey
WARNING: This is the portion of the review where I talk about how insanely hot Preston is. I know I've hit on him before, but DAMN! In this video, he really has gotten hotter. And I usually don't like mustaches! He spends a lot of the video doing nothing but standing around being eye candy. He does get some wicked rave gloves with laser pointers on each knuckle at one point. Oh and he smokes a cigarette or something.

HHHHNNNGGG SO HOT
It has been brought to my attention that I don't dote on Donny enough. Has anybody even stopped to think that maybe he is so awesome that he doesn't need me bragging on him? Not buying it? I know I overlook him sometimes, but he is an amazing rapper, and he has some sweet tattoos. For mos of the video, he is shirtless, and he actually has a nice body. This band just gets sexier and sexier.

Donny is sexy, too!
Remember what I said about glitter and ass? Yeah. This video has a lot to do with asses and cleavage. It's like this video was made for people to do .gif's of this stuff. There are all kinds of jiggling, making me question why I'm gay all over again. I wonder if any of these booties belong to Holly... Just a thought.

Dayum.
So this video isn't ground breaking. So what? It accomplishes exactly what it sets out to do. It shows just how hot Preston really is. It has fun. Watch for yourself. Then again, if you are reading this, you probably already have. I mean, they were on the front page of Vevo. No big deal.

BONUS:

Women make good chairs.
Don't let the earrings distract you. Holly is still hot.
This one gives me sexy George Michael vibes.
It's how you tell a ho "good job."

No comments:

Post a Comment