Monday, May 23, 2011

Song of the Week - The Shield and the Sword

This week's song of the week may come as a bit of a shock to you all. Usually I listen to dance and techno music, but this week, I stumbled upon  something a bit different. In place of my usual dancey track, I have chosen a laid back singer-songwriter track. Check it out.

This week's pick is The Shield and the Sword by Clare Maguire. In all honesty, I  had never heard of her what so ever until a few days ago. A follower of mine on Twitter was sharing some of their musical taste with me when this gem caught my eye. I literally only previewed about thirty seconds of the song before I clicked buy on iTunes, and I don't regret a thing.

The song is much more mellow than what I've had on my playlists lately, but it is still very intense. It's a song that uses metaphors through an actual physical battle of love, one with a shield and one with a sword. I am -very- impressed by the single, and I am very excited for a full album. Any fans in the UK should buy her new album "Light After Dark". For the US fan, or those just curious, click here to preview and buy the track!

No comments:

Post a Comment