Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Space Cowboy + Dolly Rockers, New Gaga and More

A few months ago, I saw a tweet that made me really excited. It was a link to a picture of the British "wonky pop" group The Dolly Rockers with my future husband favorite song writer collaborating together. Now with any unsigned or recently signed band, a lot of things are going to be uncertain, so with the recent spike in activity with The Dolly Rockers, I took it upon myself to find out what is going on.



The Dollies have started a mailer with exclusive content including pictures, personal messages, and videos. Their first installment announced that they have been signed to RedWalk and having their entire album produced by RedOne, the hitmaker best known for his work with Lady Gaga. This made my heart sink as it looked like the tracks written with Space Cowboy might never see the light of day... So I took it upon myself to go to the source. While the Dollies were a little vague, it did sound hopeful.

I made a post about the picture and my excitement and the dollies replied!

" we are signed to redone but have worked with the fabulous x"

In an excited panic I replied to them asking if the songs will ever see the light of day and got yet another response!

" ull have to wait and see whats on the album! there will be plenty of surprises x"

And with that Im going to remain optimistic.  And who knows? Maybe Spacey will post something about it on his twitter soon. Who knew I'd get addicted to yet another social networking site (sarcasm hurr).

In other news, Lady Gaga has released yet another song in an effort to draw attention to her already hugely anticipated album. Before I get on to talking about the song, let me make it clear that I am not the biggest Gaga fan. Go ahead and call the gay police but I think I might be the only homo on the planet that doesn't see her as the second coming of Jesus. Born This Way and Edge of Glory were nowhere near as good as they should have been. Judas is my guilty pleasure... and the new promotional single "Hair" is... kind of in between. The song has made me torn. It is looking like while half of the new album will be terrible, half of it has potential. I guess I may have to go against my OCD habbits and buy selected tracks instead of dropping fifteen dollars on the full album.

Other noteworthy releases this week:
Just one for this week. The return of Limp Bizkit. "Shotgun" is not only awesome but pretty addicting too.

And per request, I leave you with a picture of Katy Perry doing a rather convincing immitation of a certain 80's cartoon character.

1 comment: