Sunday, May 22, 2011

Spin The Bottle + Trans//lation 2

The Ustream for The Dolly Rockers just finished and it was a goldmine of interesting (and a bit useless) information. They revealed crushes, fashion secrets, and most importantly they said my name live on the air! Excuse me while I fanboy for a bit.



The Dollies have been recording with Red One for a while now and we finally got to hear a bit of it. I love the acoustic version, but I really want to hear the beat that goes with it, since Red One is all about the bumpin' techno beats. It's still pretty awesome, though. Check it. Here is "Spin The Bottle" acoustic. Make it famous on twitter with #spinthebottle.




The Dollies have also revealed that they will be holding a weekly/monthly contest for people who want to make Dolly-inspired clothing. They will pick their favorites and send the winners "You've Been Dolly Rocked" stickers. While the contest is open to boys as well as girls, I don't think I'll be entering. I don't have much of a fashion sense. Maybe if I get inspired by some thrift store stuff I'll give it a go, but no promises.

In other news, another favorite artist of mine has announced his second Japanese album, Trans//lations 2. The album consists mostly of cover songs, but it still looks to be solid. Many of the songs will be my first hearing of them as I don't keep up with Jpop any more. The album is due out June 1, but no word yet on if it will be available in the US as this is a venture on his Japanese record label. We can hope, though, right?





That about sums up my excitement for the day. Tomorrow is the next song of the week. I've made my mind up, and it might surprise you!

No comments:

Post a Comment