Saturday, September 15, 2012

Site News: Major Event Coming This Month!

In case you haven't been following me on Facebook or Twitter (get the hint? Hop on that!), Taking Over The Universe has decided to take a full week to set aside to be dedicated to all the amazing albums coming out at the end of the month. Seven different artists have been chosen from the literal landslide of albums being released the weeks of September 18th and 25th. We are calling it A Week of Album Awesomeness -- and the artists chosen are below! The event kicks off September 25th and lasts through October 1st!

Day 1 No Doubt - Push And Shove
(See the rest of the picks and the order they'll come in under the cut!)
Day 2 Mika - The Origin of Love

Day 3  Carly Rae Jepsen - Kiss

Day 4 Dragonette - Body Parts

Day 5 P!nk - The Truth About Love

Day 6 Nelly Furtado - The Spirit Indestructible

Day 7 Alphabeat - Express Non-Stop

What do you think? The order of the albums was selected to spread out the newer releases, while making sure the others aren't too "old news" to be talked about. I quite like the order of days, actually. I wanted to start hella strong (via No Doubt) and end with a bang (I'm still pulling for Alphabeat's new album to be killer!). 

And don't try and tell me that you aren't dying to hear that Carly Rae album!

It's going to be a long week, and I really hope it all turns out great. I will be picking my favorite album, announced exclusively on Facebook. Be sure and like my page to keep up with all the details, and even get a few extra tidbits that don't make it into the blog! 

No comments:

Post a Comment