Monday, September 3, 2012

Song of the Week - Lolita

So this song came out quite a bit ago in Australia, but it just now came out in the States, so that means it is free game. It's about time The Veronicas came back. For the billionth time allow me to blog about their new single, "Lolita". I promise this is the last time.


I can't say enough about this song. It is the re-introduction to the group the world almost forgot, twin sisters who make up the electro-rock-pop duo The Veronicas. This go around they are sounding much more electronic and you can bet I am a fan of the change. Oddly enough, they have said in interviews that the rest of their upcoming album, "Life On Mars", is more toned down than this single. Still yet, I have hope for this one.

The song is heavily inspired by the classic book and film of the same name. It's all about a girl who has a borderline psychotic obsession with a guy. This is probably how my love life is going to end up, which makes the song totally relatable to everyone, because I am the common man. Anyway, it is a totally different kind of love song, which quickly sets it apart from the rest.

Not to mention the video is hella awesome. Scroll down a couple stories and check it out.
Yes. I talk about these two pretty often.

The song is available on US iTunes now. The link is a bit janky for the time being, but can be found on your iTunes program.

No comments:

Post a Comment