Monday, September 10, 2012

Song of the Week - Gangnam Style

Woah! Sexy lady! Yeah. The time has come for that song to be chosen. It's finally out on US iTunes which makes it eligible for Song of the Week. Given what else I had to choose from, it turned out to be a diamond in a mix of... something much less valuable than diamonds. Anyway here's Gangnam Style. Whatever.


This song is not only notable for being the first Song of the Week to be a Korean artist, but also the first one to not be sang in English at all. To my (slight) surprise, the release of the song was exactly the same as the Korean version and not translated and sang in English. That being said, I must reiterate that this is NOT Psy's debut single. He has been around for ages. This song blew up virally due to it's equally freaky music video which I initially refused to post about.

Because it's flippin' weird.

I really don't think the song would have become so popular without the help of it's outrageous video and it's hilarious dance, but then again, dwelling on "what if"s is annoying. There's just something about this song. I don't know what it's about or anything he's saying, but I just love it. And with over 130 million views, it's probably alright to just assume that everyone everywhere loves it, too.

Get your copy on iTunes and pretend like you know Korean, too!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my glob, I love this song and the video that goes with it! It's a very funny video if you know that he's consciously poking fun at upper-class Korean society . . . actually, it's very funny even if you don't know. Already have my copy!

    ReplyDelete