Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Sorry I Missed It - Belmont Lights

Belmont Lights is a brand new pop-rock group straight out of San Diego who are already making a name for themselves. This time around it was a double whammy for missing because firstly, I didn't know about them at the time of their debut, and secondly I don't know if I would have posted on them at the time anyway. Luckily they really have grown on me, and so without further ado, I bring you Four Cute Guys Belmont Lights!


See what I mean? Move over Big Time Rush and forget One Direction. These boys are cute! Luckily they have the talent to back it up and aren't just good looking people flailing around on stage. They recently (and by recently I mean going on three months ago) released their debut EP and guess what? I missed it, of course.

The group is a mix of rock, pop, and progressive music, in the same vein as U2but for the new generation. They have that boyband look, but have that rockband talent, making them a great combination. Their debut EP may only have five tracks on it, but it is very well produced and leaves a great impression. The lead in single and first track "Halfway" is the most polished track on the list, and is infectious with it's building beat, but my favorite of the bunch has to be the more upbeat song "Battle".

The great thing about these four is they actually play their own music and are very proud of it. Their vocalist (who's number I am in the process of getting, by the way) has a very distinctive voice that helps set them apart from the sea of same-ness that is the pop-rock scene. It can be hard to distinguish yourselves from a sea of others trying to make their name, and Belmont Lights is doing a good job of that so far. They already acomplished a lot under another name, including making it to the House of Blues main stage, but now they are ready to go forward as Belmont Lights and get their music out to the people.

You can preview and buy their debut EP "Telegraphs" on iTunes.


No comments:

Post a Comment