Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Adam Barta Re-Releases "V.I.P." -- And I Know Why!

It's been a long road for Mr. Barta, but it looks like things have paid off. Recently, you may have noticed that his top selling single, "V.I.P." has vanished from all online retailers. Luckily after being gone less than a month, the song is back complete with updated cover art. But Why? I've got the scoop!

Available on iTunes -- AGAIN!
It all boils down to legal issues. The profits from the track were not being directed to Adam. After a long process, he was able to get the rights to his song back, but in order for the transfer to take place, it had to be taken down from iTunes and re-processed through the system. Until the song had been pulled, EsNtion, his previous record label, had been getting all of the proceeds from the song, despite the fact that they went bankrupt before paying for the rights to the song. In the end, Adam was able to wrangle back control of his biggest hit to date -- Until next week when that sexy Octomom duet drops!

Being the annoying media hound I am, I asked Barta to put his own plug in on the track:

"This is really exciting for me. Of all my songs I've done,
this one seems to resonate the most with people. It's been on
"Bad Girls Club" on multiple seasons, "Real World", even "Real L Word"
 on Showtime. I think the reason is because it's such a great feel good song.
Aaron Cobbett who directed the fabulous (and #2 Logo) music video for it
once said, "it's a great 'walking' song". It makes you wanna strut down a
runway and feel fabulous even if you are in your living room. You can
walk on the treadmill to it. And you can party to it and feel silly and good.
I love that I'm finally able to share this with people on iTunes. I hope
everyone will download it. If you are a fan of "Bad Girls Club", it's a must!"

The track is currently available on iTunes complete with two remixes. Already bought it? BUY IT AGAIN! Support your favorite artists. Adam Barta isn't one of your favorite artists? Then why did you read this!?

Next Tuesday is when it all goes down. TMZ has been following it piece by piece, and with a media storm brewing, you can bet I'll be right there putting in my two cents. Next week is when "Sexy Party" hits digital retailers. Things are about to explode for our friend here!

No comments:

Post a Comment