Friday, September 2, 2011

4 Times Video Review - V.I.P.

Sometimes, when I get ideas in my head for multiple part posts, I start them, and eventually get tired of doing them. I don't give up, per say, but I just get bored. This is not the case. I will never get bored with Koda Kumi and her infinitely amusing music videos. Part three of four today. V.I.P. Are you ready to get sexy?

(Once again: Warning: Tons of pictures under the cut!)

So where did we leave off? Oh, yes. She was making terrible soup for her boyfriend. Off screen, he told her how disgusting her cooking was. He broke off their engagement and joined the mafia. She was devastated, obviously, and she did what every brokenhearted woman does -- go to the club. Everyone knows the cure for depression is to party. She decided to dress up in her sluttiest outfit and live it up party style. She may even kiss a girl.

Chances are, she'll like it.
A big part of the video consists of Koda and her club friends dancing in the middle of a large dance floor. Her outfit is much sluttier and dirty than before, but she still somehow remains that dignity that we have come to expect (well kind of) from her. She sings about clubbing and partying, but she isn't too raunchy. Think of her as a classy version of Ke$ha.

Classy.

My favorite bits of the video are of her sitting in between two sexy guys. I mean, for a J-Pop video, these dudes are pretty hot. Plus, they are wearing bondage type clothing, which is even sexier. They are sitting in a very nice room (perhaps this fabled VIP room she blabs about). Koda herself looks much less slutty and much more business woman-ey here. I just found it so hard to pay attention to her with sexy men sitting around her.

It took all my willpower not to photoshop my face on her body.
The "storyline" of this, if you will, is just Koda and this mystery girl going around with other guys, but can't really find anything that suits them. There are a lot of flashes of the mystery girl getting it on with a hot guy, but all that I could really get out of it was that they hooked up. What was the point of it? Who knows? It sort of redeems itself at the end, but not really.

Anyone else getting vampire vibes from this dude?
The portion with the dancing kept going on off and on, while the only real story happening with Koda herself was split up. What it all accumulated to, was a couple of girls sitting down on either side of her men, trying to steal them away from her. No, no, no. This won't do. Koda won't have it. So what does she do?  She throws her drink in the chick's face. And then she proceeds to smile like the HBIC she is.

"Just like I treat my servants."
After that I'm not sure exactly what happened. The next time we cut back to this sequence after she dances around some more, she apparently has become fed up with the boys and shoved them away. Now, alone and vulnerable, she sits and waits for prince charming to come and rescue her. Well either prince charming is a really good drag queen, or she really is up for trying out the ladies, because we end with a shot of the mystery lady and Koda giving each other "the look."

That "men are pigs" look.
BONUS:

Is this supposed to be intimidating?

It's easier when you're drunk.

"My $500 wine just made your trashy outfit more expensive."

No comments:

Post a Comment