Monday, September 12, 2011

Song of the Week - No I.D.

I'm pretty sure everyone saw this coming. I am a huge Colette Carr fan, and I'm quickly getting the same way with Frankmusik. People have been saying "oh that's not fair that you had this song picked out before it even came out!" Well you know what? It's my blog, and I have faith in Colette to always make a sick track. You know what? She didn't disappoint either!


I tried so hard to resist it. The song was leaked a couple of weeks before it's official release. I wanted to listen so badly, but I knew it wouldn't be fair to anyone, especially Frankmusik and Colette who worked so hard on the track. It wasn't until he and Colette both said it was ok for us to check it out that I gave it a listen. I'm so glad I did it, too.

The track is in that same weird category that her previous single Primo was in. Its sort of rock, sort of pop, and sort of techno. It makes it hard to explain to people. I try to tell my friends about it, but most often just saying "You gotta hear it to understand." While not too complex lyrically, it is still a very up beat and fun song. Plus, this being my first track hearing Frankmusik, I was very much pleased to hear his awesome singing talents. And for a "feature" spot, Colette gets to sing quite a bit, unlike the one rap section or verse other featured artists get. Bravo, guys!

And a quick update: On Twitter, Colette Carr confirmed this would also be a track on her debut album "Skitszo"! That makes it a duet, not a feature. Sorry for the misunderstanding. Guess that explains why they both have equal parts more or less on the track.

You can preview and buy the track on iTunes here. Can't wait? Check out the hella awesome X-Cell remix of the song below. I think I sense a bit of dubstep going on there.

Frankmusik - "No I.D." feat. Colette Carr (X-Cell Remix) by Interscope Records

No comments:

Post a Comment